We are open at the following times:
Monday 9.15 – 12.15
Wednesday 9.15 – 12.15 + lunch club until 13.00
Thursday 9.15 – 12.15
Friday 9.15 – 12.15
We offer a shorter session until 11.45 for 2 year olds.
We are open 38 weeks a year.
Our fees are £10.80 for a 3 hour session, £9.00 for a 2½ hour session and £2.50 for lunch club payable termly in advance. Fees must still be paid if children are absent with or without notice for a short period of time. Any difficulties in paying fees should be discussed with the committee.
We are in receipt of nursery education funding for three and four year olds (12.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per year); where funding is not received, then fees apply.
Starting at Pre-school
We want your child to feel happy and safe at our Pre-school. To make sure that this is the case, we shall liaise with you to decide on the best way for your child to settle in and to gain some knowledge about your child’s interests, i.e. favourite toys, activities, stories, songs etc. so we can best provide for them.
Key Person System
Our setting uses a key person approach. This means that each member of staff has a group of children for whom they are particularly responsible.
Your child's key person will be the person who works with you to make sure that what we provide is right for your child's particular needs and interests. When your child first starts at the setting, they will help your child to settle and throughout your child's time at the setting, they will help your child to benefit from the setting's activities.
We hold regular parent consultations to discuss your child’s development and you are welcome to see your child’s file at any time.
The Role of Parents*
Kingswood Pre-School recognises parents as the first and most important educators of their children. Our pre-school aims to support parents.
• New parents are invited to attend a pre-school session with their child two or three weeks before the child starts pre-school.
• We encourage all parents to join our rota and come in to help for the morning. This gives a unique opportunity to see what your child does during their session at pre-school.
• The parents of pre-school children form the main body of the Kingswood Pre-school Committee.
• Parents are an invaluable source of help for fund-raising.
• It is important for parents and pre-school staff to work together to help your child feel confident and secure in the group. We have a settling in policy and parents should not feel worried if their child takes a while to settle.
* The word parents is used to refer to mothers, fathers, legal guardians and the primary carers of children in public care.
We have 4 members of staff;
Louise Weeks.....Deputy Supervisor
Sarah Millen.....Deputy Supervisor / Qualified Assistant
Chris Mounser.....Qualified Assistant
All of our staff hold qualifications in Early Years Learning and continually undertake training to maintain and develop their professional skills.
We operate ratio’s of 1:4 for under 3 year olds and 1:8 for 3 to 5 year olds. We always have a minimum of 2 qualified staff on duty.
A parent committee - whose members are elected by the parents of the children who attend the setting - manages the setting. The elections take place at our Annual General Meeting.
The committee is responsible for:
• managing the setting's finances
• employing and managing the staff
• making sure that the setting has, and works to, policies that help it to provide a high quality service
• making sure that the setting works in partnership with the children's parents
• raising funds to provide quality toys and facilities for our children
All parents are welcome to attend committee meetings and encouraged to help out at fundraising events.
Whilst we try to ensure that no paint or glue gets onto clothing accidents do happen so please be aware. We do have spare clothing for any accidents, but would ask if these could be returned laundered.
The Pre-School encourages children to gain the skills which help them to be independent and look after themselves. These include taking themselves to the toilet and taking off - and putting on - outdoor clothes. Clothing which is easy for them to manage will help them to do this.
We ask that children wear plimsolls or slippers whilst at the setting.
Pre-school T-shirts and sweatshirts are also available to buy.
As part of the Pre-School’s policy to make sure that its provision meets the needs of each individual child, we take account of any special needs that a child may have.
Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) liaises closely with the whole team and with members of the Specialist Teaching Services to ensure that children with special education needs are given the best support possible.
During the year we try and arrange several events where parents/carers and the rest of the family can join us. These usually include;
• Christmas Nativity Play
• Christmas Party with a visit from Santa
• Easter Bonnet Parade and Egg Hunt
• Summer Outing
• End of Term/Leavers Party
When possible we also try and arrange for the children to attend assemblies and performances at Kingswood Primary School.
For further information on our setting please take a look at our prospectus.
Click here to read our Prospectus. (Note: PDF format, needs Adobe Acrobat Reader©)